Sr. SDET/Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Develop relationships that foster collaboration and stimulate innovation across the Scrum teams
- Lead test automation instrumentation efforts including hiring QA engineers, prioritising automation work, and building reusable, maintainable automation code.
- Actively train and mentor the QA team in automation.
- Have a strong understanding of Quality Assurance principles, models and phases of SDLC as well as defect life cycle, have skills to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
- Development of test plans, test strategy, test cases and other project artefacts connected to QA activities, requirements analysis and technical customer support.
- Motivated and with goals of improvements in various of areas of technical and non-technical skills, interested in continuous personal advancement and ready to invest time and effort in learning new technologies and obtain new skills.
- Proactive, organised, team player, innovative and enthusiastic, communicative. Capable of working either alone, or with a team.
- Self-learning person, fast-learner, big stack knowledge of various technologies.
2017 (April) – Present time
Employer: Certent Inc. (http://certent.com/) City, country: Kyiv, Ukraine Department, position: QA Automation Engineer in Equity Management team Project description: Portal for administration and support equity management for public and private companies and portal for participants, based on Angular framework, with Oracle DB in back-end. Responsibilities and Tasks: Write and support automated tests on UI level (Selenium Webdriver + C# + xUnit.net), support CI processes (TFS and TeamCity), with DB-level based supporting tests (Oracle DB connection) Achievements: Change test automation framework status from 300 flaky tests to 1600 stable functional regression tests with nice coverage of important portal functions in a short time (in first five months)
2015 (November) – 2017 (April)
2010 (July) – 2015 (November)
Employer: Ciklum, Webforum AD (http://webforum.com/)
City, country: Kyiv, Ukraine
Department, Position: QA Engineer
Description of Project: SaaS application with project management and document management functions with elements of internal CMS, using KendoUI for web-client and MSSQL and .Net framework in back-end
Teams size: 7 developers, 1 production database administrator, 2 BA and 1 QA
Clients: Webforum/Aducera services
Responsibilities and Tasks: Manual testing and test-design as main task; create automation regression (WebDriver + C# + MSUnit) tests from scratch as additional task from 2012 year.
Achievements: Support of development high-quality level web application and that helps to win tenders with big customers
2009 (September) – 2010 (July)
Employer: Rabota International (http://rabota.ua/) City, country: Kyiv, Ukraine Department, Position: Product Development/QA Engineer Description of Project: Head-recruiting web portal Teams size: 4 developers, 1 interface designer, 1 SEO analyst, 1 product manager, 1 QA Clients: Marketing Department of Rabota International Responsibilities and Tasks: Manual testing Achievements: Support of development in time of big strategic changes, increase level of customers support and reduce feedback time
2008 (March) – 2009 (June)
Employer: Finport Technologies (http://finporttechnologies.com/)
City, country: Kyiv, Ukraine
Department, Position: QA Department/QA Engineer
Description of Project: Mainly framework-based document workflow systems (as desktop projects) and some internal web-portals. Teams size: From 3 to 7 (1-2 QAs, depends on project).
Clients: Main clients: Bayer Crop Science, Raffaisen Bank Aval, General Procurator of Ukraine and Ukrainian Department of Bankruptcy.
Responsibilities and Tasks: Manual desktop and web testing
Achievements: Prepare detailed documentation and test artefacts, support in acceptance testing from customer side
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
English: Intermediate/Upper Intermediate
Git Subversion TFS
WordPress: Basic knowledge level for self-support
MySQL: Queries execution MS SQL Server Management Studio: Queries execution, basic T-SQL knowledge Also, has some experience with NoSQL DB
MS Visual Studio Atom/Vim/Visual Studio Code/Sublime JetBrains IDEs (Rider, PyCharm, IntelliJ IDE) NodeJS, bash, Powershell – basic knowledge
Windows XP-10: Experienced user Ubuntu (desktop and server editions): More or less experienced user Android: Applications manual testing iOS (mobile and desktop): Applications manual testing
Test-Case Management Tools:
Testlink 1.9.11 HP ALM MS Test Manager TFS 2015
Test Automation Tools:
Selenium (WebDriver): Use to make regression tests (average knowledge). Winium.Cruciatus (Desktop automation) HP LeanFT
Hyper-V Docker containers VMWare/VSphere VirtualBox MS Visual Studio Android/Windows Phone emulators Genymotion
Defect Tracking Systems:
TestTrack: Beginner admin level (last year when use in work 2009) Mantis: Use (at work) and administrate (personally) Jira: General test-tracking tool TFS for test-cases and Defects tracking
Courses and Certificates
Role: Reviewer Organisation: Packt Publishing September 2014 – February 2015 (6 months) Preproduction review of “Learning Selenium Testing Tools, Third Edition”
Dates: 2002 – 2008 Study Mode: Internal (Daily) Name of Institution: National Technical University of Ukraine “Kiev Polytechnic Institute” Address: 37 Peremohy Avenue, Kiev 03056, Ukraine Faculty: Institute of Physics and Technology Qualification: Applied Physics
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL INFO
Date of Birth: 1984-04-28 Place of Birth: Severodonetsk city, Lugansk region, Ukraine Marital status: Married Children: Daughter (born in 2006) Private entrepreneur from 2010